Helpful Hints for a Successful Presentation
- Tips a successful Technical Session presentation
- Guidelines for a successful Poster presentation
- Suggestions for a successful PDC Presentation
Virtual AIHce Presenters
If your session was selected to be a part of Virtual AIHce, it will be live streamed to participants across the country. Virtual participants will have many of the same benefits as the face to face attendees you can see, but if you want to make sure they have the best experience possible, check out our Ten Tips for Engaging the Virtual Audience.
Technical Session and Poster Presenters
- Notification letters were e-mailed in January 2015.
- Speaker Ready Room check-in is mandatory for Technical Session and poster presenters
- If you are unable to present your paper or poster, email Kathryn Wege, AIHce Program Coordinator, or call (703) 846-0753.
Technical Session presenters must
- check into the session/presentation room 30 minutes prior to the start of their session (not the individual presentation time).
- test their presentation(s) in the Speaker Ready Room to ensure it is compatible with the A/V and computer equipment provided in the presentation room(s). Workstations, projectors, and technical staff will be available to assist.
- use only AIHce-provided computers in technical session meeting rooms. Use of personal laptops in presentation rooms is not permitted.
- authorize recording permissions if not previously submitted online.
- be sure to use the NEW AIHce PowerPoint Template for presentations.
- Presenter notification letters were e-mailed in October 2014.
- Download and save the PDC logistics form to your computer, complete the form and return to Mark Leinkram , Education Program Assistant, (703) 846-0793 no later than February 4, 2015.
- Instructors are required to bring personal laptops to their PDC.
- There is no requirement to use a specific template, but you may use the AIHce PowerPoint Template.
- Review the Continuing Education Committee’s Guidelines for a Successful PDC at AIHce.
- If you are unable to present your course, contact Erin Breece, Program Manager, Global Education (703) 846-0749.
Dates to Remember:
- February 4, 2015 – PDC Logistics Form deadline.
- April 2, 2015 – PDC cancellation due to low registration announcement.
- April 15, 2015 – Handout submission deadline.
- April 22, 2015 – Late submittals and those planning to reproduce and distribute their own handouts must submit a final copy to AIHA for approval.
- May 18, 2015 – E-handout download instructions e-mailed.
- May 30 – 31, 2015 – PDC presentation dates.
- June 22, 2015 – Honorarium payment forms due (forms will be provided on site.)
Promote Your Session
You worked hard to come up with an innovative and interesting session or course, now help us get the word out! Below are some ideas on how to promote your session at AIHce 2015:
- Post your session (don’t forget a link! AIHce2015.org) on your own personal social networking pages, i.e. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc… These are great venues to not only promote your session, but also to engage with fellow attendees. Don’t forget to use the official conference hashtag, #aihce.
- We also invite you to “talk up” your presentation on AIHA’s LinkedIn group.
- Request that your company newsletter include a small blurb about the event and your session. You may use the wording and content from the AIHce information sheet, or the “Why AIHce” portion of the conference website.
- Create a short 30-second video to “tease” your session. View an example.
- Using the conference banner, email your colleagues and contacts to notify them of your session at AIHce 2015.
- Incorporate AIHce promotional PowerPoint slides into your next presentation.
You can also download the “I’m Speaking at AIHce 2015” images below for use on your own social media channels, website/blog, and email signature to let all of your colleagues, friends and family know you are presenting at AIHce! Simply right click on the images to save to your computer. When possible, please link the image(s) to www.AIHce2015.org.
Facebook Cover Photo
Web Badge (Perfect for email signatures!)
Stewardship 2015 Presenters
- Information for Stewardship 2015 presenters can be found here.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding presenter responsibilities, please contact Kathryn Wege.